Hello and welcome to our first video. My name is Vishal, founder of Magnarevo. We have worked with 100 companies in the last 5 years and have helped them in achieving their business success.
If you want to connect with millions of users by taking your business digital the first step is to have a great website.
In today’s video we will explain the benefits and give you an idea about the process that you must follow while making a website.
There are many benefits of having a website out of which we are going to share the top 5.
- The first benefit of having a website is to validate business to your online customers. A website can verify that your business is legit and provide details like your office location, phone number, business email id and also about the quality of your products or services.
- The second reason why you should have a website is to tell a story about you and your business. You can share the story in a creative form using nice visuals and in a structured format. For example, you can show ideas behind your product explaining each and every step.
- The third benefit is the ability to categories and showcase your products along with user feedback and reviews. It is also your digital catalog which you can keep updating everyday. Imagine doing that with your printed catalog?
- This brings us to 4th benefit. More than 70% of internet searches happen on Google. There is a high probability of a customer searching directly or through keyword land on your website. Searches on google have seen a steep rise because of the Covid pandemic. So this is the right time to get or update your website.
- The last point and our favorite is retargeting your website users. You can retarget them through google and other social media ads. You can even track and collect information about users and send them newsletters about your offers, upcoming events and product launch.
Now coming to the process part. It will be helpful to you and to those who have given their website to an agency or a freelancer.
We have developed this process based on our experience so that you don’t miss out on any information that is important for your business or customers.
The first simple step is Project Scope i.e. the idea of making the website.
This step will cover 2 points:
- To decide whether it will be a informative or an ecommerce site
- Deciding functionalities of a website such as having a product enquiry page or a payment module in your website
The second step in the process is creating a Data Sitemap. It is like listing your web pages in a hierarchy format. This makes it easier for a designer and a developer to understand the basic structure of your website.
The third step is creating a wireframe. In this step you can design layouts of all the pages that you listed in the sitemap. It is like blocking your page ideas before working on the actual design.
Then comes the fourth step that is creating the content. Make sure you create the website content in a simple language which is easy to understand for your online customer and avoid using technical terms. The content should also be SEO friendly.
The fifth step is image production. Visuals play an important role so select the best images before you start designing the website.
By the time you have reached the 6th step you would have completed the idea behind your website, the sitemap, layout, content and also the visuals that you will be using in your website. In the 6th step i.e. the design you will be working on the fonts, color, icons, shapes, call-to-action buttons and so on.
After designing, start with your development process and make it mobile friendly. You can also start adding the content in this process.
The last step consists of Testing the website on all devices. Check payment links, forms, and add tracking codes if you have any. Once you have covered all these steps, your website is ready to go live.
Now some might argue that a website is not that important and a business can directly start posting on social media platforms to have a digital presence. Surely, you can go and create your social media accounts like most of them do. But do they have the same benefits that we just talked about?
On social media the information is scattered plus few people search for a product or service on Facebook and Instagram. The purpose of social media platforms is different and we will cover it some other time.
So in case if you have any questions regarding the benefit and the process of the website, or you are stuck while making a website, please comment on this video and we will answer them in our weekly QA videos. In our upcoming videos we will talk about each and every step in detail.
So stay tuned and stay safe!